Husqvarna: Proud Sponsor of the 2018 Calabogie BoogieTM TRAIL RIDE
As many of you may be aware, there are land use issues in the Calabogie area which we are working hard to address to ensure we maintain access to riding areas now and well into the future. Part of our commitment is to "tread lightly" by limiting the number of riders at the Calabogie Boogie. Consequently only registered riders will be able to participate in the ride. We will no longer accept non-registered walk-up participants. Do not miss out. Register below now.
Date: Saturday September 8 & Sunday September 9, 2018
Location: Calabogie south side only this year. The "north side" has been subject to extensive and ongoing logging operations, and lacks an appropriate venue from which to stage. Staging area both days is therefore at Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, 981 Barryvale Road. Two challenging but different routes are planned on the south side for these two days. See map below and directions
Rider limits: Limited to the first 200 pre-registered riders.
Cost: Early registrations: $120 until Aug. 5, or 200 riders are registered, whichever occurs first. $140 for registrations after Aug. 5.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: By registering, you agree with the registration, cancellation and refund policies which may be viewed here.
Online advance registration only using the form at the bottom of this page - Limited to the first 200 riders pre-registered by August 5 (2017 sold out on August 1)
Sound Check (all bikes must pass 94db test to ride):
- 6:00 pm till 9:00 pm Friday (Highlands Golf Course)
- 7:30 am till 8:30 am Saturday (Highlands Golf Course)
Registration check-in, Waiver Release, & Sign In:
- 6:00 pm till 10:00 pm Friday (Highlands Golf Course)
- 7:30 am till 8:45 am Saturday (Highlands Golf Course)
Riders' Meeting: 9:00 am Saturday and Sunday. (Ride starts immediately after meeting). Sweeps will begin trail closures starting at 9:45 am to ensure all trails are swept and closed before dark.
Trail rider information: This IS Ontario's premiere ride event, and draws riders from Ontario, Quebec, and the Northeastern U.S., attracted by some of the best riding terrain in Ontario.The ride is suitable for advanced novice to expert riders, not suitable for children, beginner or novice riders. Small wheeled motorcycles will have difficulty. Riders under 16 years of age need to be strong riders. Most trails will be single track, although dirt road and atv tracks may be used as connectors. Calabogie can be a challenging ride area. There will be a main loop, with various optional routes marked for difficulty ranging from Level 3 (intermediate) to Level 5 (experts only). See "what level am I". Maps will indicate optional early return routes. We will be riding on the "south side" on Sunday this year.
- PLEASE ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars. Lunch is provided on the trail on Saturday and at the starting point on Sunday.
- There is no gas truck on Saturday, although gas will be available for purchase (cash only) at the lunch stop.
- Primitive camping available at the start/finish points at Highlands Golf only. Other accommodations.
- Saturday & Sunday - Breakfast (from 6 am) available at the Highlands Golf Club - cost not included.
- Please "ARRIVE CLEAN" and be free of any mud or debris to prevent the spread of invasive species.
By registering below, you hereby accept the BMA's Calabogie BoogieTM registration, cancellation and refund policies which may be viewed here.