Calabogie Orientation and practice
Join us for a general orientation to the variety of trails. Calabogie can be a challenging riding area, especially if you end up on trails beyond your riding capability. Learn from those who know the trails the best, get to know where the trails are that you would like to try. This event is about an "orientation" to the main roads and trails/trail heads. It is not an "organized ride" in our traditional sense. A GPS would be helpful for you to mark trail heads for future riding reference.
Date: June 11
Registration: Opens at 0830hrs
Riders Brief: 0930hrs
Location: Staging area at Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, 981 Barryvale Road, see map below and to get directions
Cost: No cost - another benefit of being a BMA/OFTR member.
Registration: Download registration form, print, sign, and bring to ride to speed up registration on site.Let us know below how many riders will attend so we can prepare accordingly!
Riders will be grouped by skill levels:
- Intermediate (low, middle, high end)
Note: this ride will not be able to accomodate small wheeled bikes (i.e. mini bikes etc)
- Ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars. Food service is available at the Highlands Golf Course after this event.
- Bug repellent may keep you sane.
- Bring your GPS if you would like to map your route and know the trails you would like to ride again - or avoid :-)
- Start with a full fuel tank
View Larger Map and Get Directions
Click here for more info and let us know you are coming.