Blake MacMillan Trail Ride Proudly Supporting "Ride for Dad"
Ride Sponsor: 2 Wheel Performance Plus
Date/time: June 4, 8:00 am registration, 9:30 am riders' meeting, 9:45 am departure, until approximately 2-3:00 pm
Location: Staging area at Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, 981 Barryvale Road
Cost: $40 for first BMA member, $20 reduced fee for subsequent family riders, $50 for non-members, includes lunch at the Golf Club and a donation to "Ride for Dad". Lunch menu partially sponsored by Highlands Golf Course in support of Ride for Dad.
Raising Funds for "Ride for Dad": All proceeds will be donated in support of Ride for Dad. Download your fundraising pledge form here. Obtain your fundraising commitments before the ride, and bring the attached fundraising form and total pledges to the registration desk.
Registration: Download registration form, print, sign, and bring to ride to speed up registration. Let us know below below how many riders will attend so we can prepare lunch!
The ride is suitable for advanced novices to experts, not suitable for children or beginning riders. Small wheeled motorcycles will have difficulty. Riders under 16 years of age need to be strong riders.
Riders should arrive early and be geared up and ready for riders meeting which will start at 9:00 am. Riders will self-select into groups of varying skill levels, usually "easier-riding", intermediate, and experts. An experienced rider will lead and sweep each group. Most trails will be single track, although dirt road and atv tracks may be used as connectors. Calabogie can be a challenging ride area.
- On your first ride at Calabogie, select a skill level one level lower than you think you are capable of.
- Ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars. Lunch is provided back at the golf course, but you are not likely to arrive back until after 1 or 2 pm.
- Bring your GPS if you would like to map your route.
- Intermediate riders can expect to ride approximately 50-80 km, novices less, experts more.
View Larger Map and Get Directions
Click here for more info and let us know you are coming.