March Break Riding in the US?

Just about anything, but remember it's family.

March Break Riding in the US?

Postby jmajor » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 am

Happy New year all!

So PMS is in full force for me, and I'm trying to plan a trip down south over the march break to get an early start on the 2018 season!

Does anyone know any good trails that are within a day or two drive away from Ottawa? I was thinking North Carolina or something a bit closer?? I haven't done any riding in the US, so i have no idea where i could go!

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Update: Found this great website link, but it looks like most places 1-2 days away don't open until Spring, which can be April 30th...so either have to drive closer to 17 hours, or wait till spring...

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/rm-rider-exchange/12-must-ride-ohv-destinations-to-visit-in-the-us/

Jason
'17 KTM XCW 250
jmajor
Intermediate Contributor

enthusiast: Yes
Skill testing question: 2435

Re: March Break Riding in the US?

Postby barbotte » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:12 am

well i think it has to do with snow as most place close are cold with snow still covering ,,, but before i spend 2-3 day driving farther with the cost of fuel.. hotel ..meal ... and exchange money ,,,i rather go to Cuba and enjoy the beach lol
cheer
barbotte
Hardcore Contributor

enthusiast: No

Re: March Break Riding in the US?

Postby yvinogradov » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:25 pm

Georgia should be warm enough (at least 10 degrees above freezing during the day) and snow-free (except for the north most part of the state) and is roughly two 8-hour driving days away. Google shows some dirt bike parks there.
yvinogradov
Novice Contributor

enthusiast: No

Return to General Discussion