Trying to get trail insurance.

Just about anything, but remember it's family.

Re: Trying to get trail insurance.

Postby Carfreak77 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Dalton Timmis got me straightened out. I’m transferring all my stuff to them but I’m ending up paying the same as I did before the bikes. Now I’ve just gotta figure out a place to learn how to ride them. Thanks for all the help.
Carfreak77
Novice Contributor

enthusiast: No
Skill testing question: 2435

Postby SimonGagne » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm

I know it's not the best(and that someone will tell me I should not do that), but just get insurance in your name for the kids bike, as long as your'e riding at all time with them... According to my insurance, I ride a PW50, a TTR-50, a YZ85 and a KTM150 all at the same time :wink:

Does the job for me. I have been doing that in different provinces, go stopped many time by different law enforcement officers and it has keep me from getting infraction tickets on public land so far.

Simon
SimonGagne
Intermediate Contributor

enthusiast: Yes

Postby mart242 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:29 pm

SimonGagne wrote:I know it's not the best(and that someone will tell me I should not do that), but just get insurance in your name for the kids bike, as long as your'e riding at all time with them... According to my insurance, I ride a PW50, a TTR-50, a YZ85 and a KTM150 all at the same time :wink:

Does the job for me. I have been doing that in different provinces, go stopped many time by different law enforcement officers and it has keep me from getting infraction tickets on public land so far.

That's pretty much how you need to insure, just make sure that you get the OPFC32 endorsment or whatever it's called. It insures "non licensed drivers" on your bike. I had to do this for mine.

Where do you ride on the qc side? I thought that dirt bikes were banned from most clubs and trails, especially near Gatineau. well, that's what I found with google..
mart242
Intermediate Contributor

Postby steph » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:44 am

mart242 wrote:
SimonGagne wrote:I know it's not the best(and that someone will tell me I should not do that), but just get insurance in your name for the kids bike, as long as your'e riding at all time with them... According to my insurance, I ride a PW50, a TTR-50, a YZ85 and a KTM150 all at the same time :wink:

That's pretty much how you need to insure, just make sure that you get the OPFC32 endorsment or whatever it's called. It insures "non licensed drivers" on your bike. I had to do this for mine.

Where do you ride on the qc side? I thought that dirt bikes were banned from most clubs and trails, especially near Gatineau. well, that's what I found with google..
Mart..keep an eye out for Masham motofarm. You can read in the rides forum when it will be rideable.
We are prepping the trails and trials and new ones.. enough hijacking..lol

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
steph
Pro Contributor

Postby SimonGagne » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:16 pm

mart242 wrote:

I never rode in Qc, that's the only place I would not know about insurance and registration on public land, since its always different over there, from what I heard, riding uninsured and unregistered is more common in Qc. Regarding my post, I was talking about Alberta, BC and ON. Never got checked in Sask and MB, but I'm pretty sure its the same.

Simon
SimonGagne
Intermediate Contributor

Previous

Return to General Discussion