Strickland and Woody's Xc

Racing Event, Racing Results, Racing Training, Anything racing

Re: Strickland and Woody's Xc

Postby zedro » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Ha, yeah I thought he was joking. You can get away with overtraining in your 20s, but it seems the current knowledge is almost the total opposite.
zedro
Veteran Contributor

enthusiast: Yes
Skill testing question: 2435

Postby bohomoto » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:27 pm

zedro wrote:Ha, yeah I thought he was joking.

Oh good! I thought I might be the only one. This line below is the giveaway that this whole article might be a joke:

“Squats for your lower back are really important,” Walker says. "You need a lot of back strength in Hard Enduro, because you’re bent over all the time on the bike."

In other words, make sure that when you do squats, your lower back hurts as though you have been hunched over a dirtbike for several hours. That's the ticket! LOL.

You can get away with overtraining in your 20s, but it seems the current knowledge is almost the total opposite.

Ya. There is consensus that over-training is always bad, even when you seem to be getting away with it. The Holy Grail of sports training is injury prevention. If the trainer of an NFL team can reduce injury rates by even 10%, they are saving the team literally millions of dollars.

Many of the banned substances don't actually improve performance per se, they only improve recovery, which improves performance indirectly (by allowing the athlete to keep training without interruptions, to be more experimental in their training, etc.)

Its funny that this article is published by Red Bull because they are investing more money in the science and development of "prehabilitative training" then anyone. Danny MacAskill couldn't make them amazing biking videos when he was laid up with a sore back. https://youtu.be/GL0rbxB9Lqg

A friend of a friend of a friend who works at Red Bull says that the company is now refusing to sign athletes that don't incorporate movement training into their daily routine.

I find it pleasantly ironic that the training regimens of the future's most extreme athletes have the same objective as the training regimens of middle-age desk jockeys that transform into warriors every weekend: living without pain.
- -
Blake MacMillan
2012 200 XC-W
Orange and white Suomy helmet with huge grin underneath.
bohomoto
Hardcore Contributor

Postby zedro » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Less pleasantly ironic is their drink product is basically junk food. Caffeine + sugar = vasoconstriction and inflammation....RedBull gives you arm pump! Heard that post workout glucose intake can be counterproductive too. I hope those athletes are allowed canned water versions.
zedro
Veteran Contributor

Postby pat74 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Look they posted the training on the Offroad Ontario site:
http://offroadontario.ca/blog/?cat=3

This year will be a good season for us BMA members, they all going to train like Walker and we will all train like Macmillan,
we got the edge 8)

Blake you should have your training posted on Offroad Ontario website would be better then Walker's training, we need to give them a chance.

You should write up an example of a training schedule, which includes all aspect we should be training...
Pat Mercier
pat74
Veteran Contributor

enthusiast: No

Postby skidoorules » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:56 pm

pat74 wrote:Right now we have confirmed

2 x Novice C
1 x Novice B
1 x Novice A
2 x Intermediate
1 x Pro

I won't give you name, come to the training session to meet them :o

Bring your group, the more the better.

How are you promoting the time and location of each weeks ride? Likely can't commit to every week but if I was aware of the location I might see if I can meet up with you guys for some training.
skidoorules
Pro Contributor

Postby pat74 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:33 am

I will post it on the forum, if you give me your email I will also email the group with location, date, time.
Pat Mercier
pat74
Veteran Contributor

enthusiast: No

Postby jbreedon » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Hey Pat, I'd be interested in joining you guys when you ride at Limerick. That's probably the only place I'd be able to make it to after work.

Jeff
Jeff
2017 Beta 300RR
jbreedon
Intermediate Contributor

Postby pat74 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Good we will keep you posted
Pat Mercier
pat74