The Fine Print
The Bytown Motorcycle Association is a Not-For-Profit Corporation in accordance with the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act S. C. 2009 c.23.
The BMA is governed by By-Law No. 3 as approved by the Minister of Industry Canada Effective March 21, 2011.
The property and business of the BMA is managed by a Board of Directors, comprised of 5 -15 Directors. Presently there are 15 Directors on the Board. All members in good standing are eligible for election to the Board, click here to learn more about the Board and nominations.
Each year the Board appoints officers for various offices within the BMA. The current officers are as follows:
In addition to Board officers, members volunteer to fulfil key Coordinator positions. The Club Coordinators are as follows:
- Membership – Paull Barkell
- Communications & Marketing – Ryan Gillies
- Volunteer –Dave Tufts
- Land Use – Marc Levesque
- Sponsorship – Christopher Davis
- Training Coordinator – Kevin Anderson
- Web Site Administrator – Leander van Rooijen
- OFTR Liaison – Francis McDermott
- Calabogie Boogie – Bann Price
- Dual Sport Coordinator – Heather Seeler
- Newsletter Editor – Christopher Davis
- OFTR Board Representative – Greg Banks
- Quartermaster – Tim Dumoulin
- Swag Shop – Patrick Mercier
- Women’s Advocate – Sascha Lange
- Events – As announced throughout the year
The BMA holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM) in January to review financial statements and transact any other business as required.
The Board of Directors meet at least six times annually. Members in good standing may attend any meeting of the Board, although only Directors may vote. Minutes for the AGM and Board meetings are posted to the Members Only portion of the BMA Forum.