Intro to Trials
Date: May 19, 2019
Time: Arrive in time to gear up and be ready to ride at 10:00 am, finish by 4 pm the latest
Location: Woody's Cycles in Perth.
Come on out to Woody's place on May 19th for a non-competitive introduction to trials. Trials riding is a great way to improve your balance and riding technique - it is not a coincidence that all of the great off-road riders were once trials champs too!
Here are the event details:
- Arrive at 9am, morning session starts by 10am;
- Trials bike not required - any lighter weight (off-road) bike will do. A demo trials bike will be available for those who wish to try one;
- The morning session will consist of: learning basic trials rules, bike setup (remember, tires in good condition are your friend!), and some practice exercises;
- The afternoon session: Apply what you learned in the morning using 2-3 trials sections. If you wish, you can score yourself using the rules learned in the morning;
- Bring your own lunch and hydration (hydration is important);
- Spectators/non-riders welcome as this will be a good opportunity if you are interested in learning about trials. Kids are also welcome with adult supervision;
- Safety equipment (helmets, boots, gloves, pads, etc.) required. Bikes must be quiet and in good conditions;
- Waivers also required to participate;
- Bring a pencil and notepad to take notes (optional!);
- Cost is Free!