Calabogie Orientation and Practice
Join us for a general orientation to the variety of trails. Calabogie can be a challenging riding area, especially if you end up on trails beyond your riding capability. Learn from those who know the trails the best, get to know where the trails are that you would like to try. This event is about an "orientation" to the main roads and trails/trail heads. It is not an "organized ride" in our traditional sense. A GPS would be helpful for you to mark trail heads for future riding reference.
Date/time: June 11
Location: Staging area at Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, 981 Barryvale Road, see map below and to get directions
Cost: No cost - another benefit of being a BMA/OFTR member.
Registration: Download registration form, print, sign, and bring to ride to speed up registration on site.Let us know below how many riders will attend so we can prepare accordingly!
- Intermediate (low, middle, high end)
- Ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars. Food service is available at the Highlands Golf Course after this event.
- Bug repellent may keep you sane.
- Bring your GPS if you would like to map your route and know the trails you would like to ride again - or avoid :-)
- Start with a full fuel tank
Let us know below the map how many riders will attend so:
- We can ensure a sufficient number of rider leaders
- What you would like to get out of this orientation
- And leave your contact information in the event we need to change plans!