Blake MacMillan Memorial Trail Ride
supported by the Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort
Date/time: June 3, 8:00 am registration, 9:15 am riders' meeting, 9:30 am departure, until approximately 2-3:00 pm
Location: Staging area at Calabogie Highlands Golf Course, 981 Barryvale Road
Cost: $40 for first BMA member, $20 reduced fee for subsequent family riders, $50 for non-members, includes lunch at the Golf Club and a donation to "Ride for Dad". Lunch menu partially sponsored by Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort in support of Ride for Dad.
On Sunday, June 3, BMA is holding its spring ride proudly supporting "Ride for Dad", and in memory of Blake MacMillan. All proceeds go directly to the Ride For Dad organization fighting prostate cancer. Ride sponsorships in additions to the ride fee are encouraged - Download your fundraising pledge form here. Obtain your fundraising commitments before the ride, and bring the attached fundraising form and total pledges to the registration desk.
Let us know below below how many riders will attend so the Calabogie Highlands Golf Resort can prepare your included lunch!
The ride is suitable for advanced novices to experts, not suitable for children or beginning riders. Small wheeled motorcycles will have difficulty. Riders under 16 years of age need to be strong riders.
Riders should arrive early and be geared up and ready for the riders meeting which will start at 9:15 am. Riders will self-select into groups of varying skill levels, usually "easier-riding", slower and faster intermediates, and advanced/experts.
An experienced rider will lead and sweep each group. Most trails will be single track, although dirt road and ATV tracks may be used as connectors. Calabogie can be a challenging ride area.
- Download your release form here, and bring it filled out to speed up on-site registration
- On your first ride at Calabogie, select a skill level one level lower than you think you are capable of.
- Ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars. Lunch is provided back at the golf course, but you are not likely to arrive back until after 1 or 2 pm.
- Bring your GPS if you would like to map your route.
- Intermediate riders can expect to ride approximately 50-80 km, novices less, experts more.
- Remember the FLOW is the key!
Please register as a participant (or volunteer) by clicking the button below to ensure we have lunch for you!