Clake One light clutch

Share your tech, tools and gear tips and ask questions when you need some assistance with your bike maintenance.

Clake One light clutch

Postby steph » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Tried this on a Xtrainer.. I am in love...trying to get it sourced in Canada or States. If anyone bought one can you give me your feedback, reliability, etc. And where you bought it from..
I tried reaching Clake, they are known to not return calls for awhile..tx
steph
Pro Contributor

enthusiast: Yes
Skill testing question: 2435

Re: Clake One light clutch

Postby zedro » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Only Clake sells them new, otherwise find used (and you may need Clake to adapt the setup anyways).
zedro
Veteran Contributor

Postby mattix » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:57 pm

I have one on my XTrainer. I've been using it for 1 1/2 seasons so far and love it. I ordered it directly from Clake and it took a few months to get it but it was over the winter so not a big deal. Installation wasn't too difficult and reliability has been 100%.

My #1 complaint would be that it takes up a lot of room on the bars and the unit as a whole is a lot larger compared to the oem clutch so it limits your handguard options significantly.

Then there's the price, they aren't cheap. I do love it but I'm not sure if it will be worth it for everyone.
mattix
Novice Contributor

Postby tjcool » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:26 am

i ordered one late last year and it only took about four weeks..they were very busy with orders...having it installed by 2 wheel perf in brockville...simple installation and very high quality materials...also bought a 2" longer cable from them to assist with raising bar an inch or so...

tj
"LIFE IS TOUGH, BUT IT'S TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID"....John Wayne..1907-1979
tjcool
Pro Contributor

Return to Tech, Tools and Gear