Trails and Trials at Terry's Oct 27 & Nov 2

A place to list or find dirt bike ride notices.

Re: Trails and Trials Fun-Day at Terry's September 29 (AM On

Postby Terry » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:07 pm

New ride date announced! Sunday September 29, 2019. (AM Only)
Please see the first post of this thread for all the updated details and please RSVP via reply to this thread if you plan to join.
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

enthusiast: Yes
Skill testing question: 2435

Re: Trails and Trials at Terry's Sept. 29 (AM) & Oct 6

Postby Terry » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:42 am

Reminder this Sunday Morning's ride and announcing a new ride date - Sunday October 6, 2019
Please see the first post of this thread for all the updated details and please RSVP via reply to this thread if you plan to ride.
If there is no interest in the 29th I will go the the car show earlier and if no interest in the 6th I may go to woody's.
Cheers,
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Re: Trails and Trials at Terry's Oct 6

Postby Terry » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:16 pm

Tomorrow's ride day, Sept 29, has been cancelled due to a lack of interest and rather wet trails. Let's try again for October 6.
Cheers,
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Postby NickPanciuk » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Terry wrote:Tomorrow's ride day, Sept 29, has been cancelled due to a lack of interest and rather wet trails. Let's try again for October 6.
Cheers,
Hey Terry, unfortunatly I won’t be able to make oct 6 but for next time I would love to come. I am a upper intermediate rider looking to learn some advanced stuff, (slow, trials-like) would your place be good for that? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NickPanciuk
Novice Contributor

Skill testing question: 2222

Postby Terry » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi Nick, I don't want to make any false claims about my little goat trails here. They are tight to the point that it is impossible to get any real speed going and there is no need to get out of first gear in most places. Doing all the trails without dabbing (touching a foot down), sitting or hitting a tree is great fun and certainly a bit of a challenge to do it as fast as you can. About 15-20 minutes, rinse and repeat. However, there is simply no where near the elevation changes compared to Limerick or Calabogie so you will not find it challenging in comparison. Riding my trails is more about fun with the kids and a bit of practice in balance and steering precision where getting it wrong just results in exiting the trail and winding up on the next trail over or perhaps an abrupt stop into a tree. Either way its a good laugh for the riders following you.

My trials area, featured in the video loop on the BMA's new website, has some nice rocks to ride over. I'm not a trials rider myself so I'm not the one to offer advice or spotting. The best way to develop trials skills here is to team up with those that have been trials riding here and let them point out some good lines to try and to help with techniques that will set you up correctly for the next obstacle. I suggest you contact Eric Brackenbury to see when he has some time to play this fall. I know he is busy at trials competitions now so it may be a few weeks before he'll be back here. He maintains a contact list of trials riders that play here on Wednesday evenings viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3329 but that's over for the season since it gets dark so early. I encourage trials practice here when I host my ride days but I ask that a few trials riders please pre-arrange to meet here so I don't need to keep an eye on just one of you in the rocks riding alone.
Cheers,
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Re: Trails and Trials at Terry's Oct 20

Postby Terry » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 pm

New ride date announced! Sunday October 20, 2019.
Please see the first post of this thread for all the updated details and please RSVP via reply to this thread if can make it.
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Re: Trails and Trials at Terry's Oct 13 & 20

Postby Terry » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm

New ride date announced! Sunday October 13 & 20, 2019.
Please see the first post of this thread for all the updated details and please RSVP via reply to this thread if can make it.
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Re: Trails and Trials at Terry's Oct 13 & 20

Postby Terry » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:01 am

New ride dates announced! Sunday October 27 & Saturday November 2, 2019.
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Re: Trails and Trials at Terry's Oct 27 & Nov 2

Postby Terry » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:07 pm

It's getting near the end of the season so I opened the donation jar and found $120.10. I just sent every penny of it to MSF. Thank you all very much.
Cheers,
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Previous

Return to Rides Board