Safe riding during hunting season

A place to list or find dirt bike ride notices.

Safe riding during hunting season

Postby Fender » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi There!

We make it a rule not to ride Calabogie trails during hunting season which runs now until Nov. 21, 2016. It looks like it will be a nice day to ride on Sunday... Does anyone have a trail recommendation that is safe to ride during hunting season (i.e. it is off limits for hunting) for intermediate riders?

Thanks,

Tom
Fender
Novice Contributor

enthusiast: Yes
Skill testing question: 2435

Re: Safe riding during hunting season

Postby Terry » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:34 pm

I can offer my place for a hunter-free ride on Saturday November 12 but it' no Calabogie. It's much smaller but still lots of fun! Like how mini-put is to a golf or a go-cart track is to a full sized race track.

I'm having a work and ride day on Saturday but if you have not tried my trails, feel free to skip the work part and just go ride.

Over 2.5km of tight single-track trails in the woods. (can you keep your feet on the pegs all the way around?)
    Newly opened easy options for bigger bikes or newer riders (my V-Strom made it but it's really too big for these trails).
    Trials practice area with lots of rocks for those that don't put their feet down even when they've stopped moving.
    The lawn is available for anyone learning to ride or just wanting to not worry about navigating tight trails.

The Details:
- Please bring [url]quiet[/url] trials or trial motorcycles or mountain bikes (Hand-guards are recommended in the trails)
- I have two small trail bikes and some off-road riding gear to loan out, bring whatever gear you have and we'll sort it out
- Arrive anytime after 8:30, (quiet until 9:00 please)
- Bring your friends, kids, S.O., all are welcome - perfect opportunity to introduce someone to trail bikes!
- Protect yourself from poison ivy (normal off-road gear does fine)
- Ride anywhere on the property but please try not to tear-up the lawn or the gravel driveway
- Water is provided, bring a snack
- Ride safely and have fun!
- R.S.V.P. for directions, it's in Dunrobin 10 minutes north of Kanata
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Postby Fender » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi Terry,

Thanks for the offer, sounds like you have a nice little spot in the country! I would take you up on it but I'm busy Saturday...

Tom
Fender
Novice Contributor

Postby Terry » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:22 pm

There will be more ride days, hopefully before winter. Please do come check it out. I try to host a ride day every couple of weeks on average and I let the trials riders I know practice whenever they like so long as they follow the rules. They are there at my place riding now while I'm working :(
Terry
Suzuki V-Strom 650
Honda CRF230F
Honda CRF150F
Terry
Veteran Contributor

Return to Rides Board