Intro to Trials
Date: Saturday, May 22
Time: Arrive in time to gear up and be ready to ride at 10:00 am, finish by 4 pm the latest
Location: Hosted by Woody's Cycles in Perth.
Registration: BMA is currently working on a new registration system that will better serve our members.
We are targeting to have this registration system online in March, which is well in advance of our first event scheduled for May 2nd. Thank you for your patience.
Summary: Come on out to Woody's place on May 19th for a non-competitive introduction to trials. Trials riding is a great way to improve your balance and riding technique - it is not a coincidence that all of the great off-road riders were once trials champs too!
- Arrive at 9 am, morning session starts by 10 am;
- Trials bike not required - any lighter weight (off-road) bike will do. A demo trials bike will be available for those who wish to try one;
- The morning session will consist of: learning basic trials rules, bike setup (remember, tires in good condition are your friend!), and some practice exercises;
- The afternoon session: Apply what you learned in the morning using 2-3 trials sections. If you wish, you can score yourself using the rules learned in the morning;
- Spectators/non-riders welcome as this will be a good opportunity if you are interested in learning about trials. Kids are also welcome with adult supervision;
- Bring your own lunch and hydration (hydration is important);
- Safety equipment (helmets, boots, gloves, pads, etc.) required. Bikes must be quiet and in good conditions;
- Release forms required to participate;
- Bring a pencil/pen and notepad to take notes (optional!);