Notice: OFTR Membership Required to Ride in Larose Forest.
Non members can purchase a 48 hour pass from OFTR here
NOTICE: THIS AREA IS OFF LIMITS UNTIL NOVEMBER 16TH FOR HUNTING SEASON
Larose Forest is a local riding area that came about as a result of a prolonged effort by a small number of BMA members. Members worked persistently and diligently with County representatives to gain access to this County owned forest.
Larose Forest riding area offers a short technical single track loop in an open pine forest at the start. Approximately half the loop is suitable for novice riders, the other half is suitable for intermediate or above riders. It is generally flat terrain, with a shallow ravine, and some short high banks (like riding on ditch dredging), parts of the trail are rooty and rough, and there are a few bridges. As a small compact area, you will never be more than a couple of kilometers from the parking area.
Guidelines for Riding in Larose Forest
- An OFTR membership is required (comes with your BMA membership) and can be purchased here.
- Not an OFTR or BMA Member and are a visitor to the region, or just want to try out Larose or Limerick Forest? A 2-day pass for Larose or Limerick Forest can be purchased here.
- Your bike must be plated and insured
- Your bike must be quiet (less than 94 db)
- Tread lightly during wet weather, or simply avoid riding in this area after prolonged wet weather. Respect the potential damage that can be done to the trail, so we may all continue to enjoy the area
- Bug spray is advisable at times
- Bicycles are allowed on the trail, always respect other users, bikes, hikers, animals, horseback riders
- Stay on marked trails
- Parking/staging for the single-track/motorcycle trails is at Parking Lot P6. See link below for directions and location
- No ATV access on designated Single-Track trails from Parking Lot 6
- Enjoy and tell your friends
How to Find Larose Forest Riding Area
Parking is at N45 23.377 W75 07.890
Click here to view Larger Map and Get Directions
For any questions or additional info please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
P6 Parking Lot sign and one of our awesome volunteers on a Larose Forest Clean-Up Day!