THE ANNUAL STEVE GARNSEY FALL RIDE
Date: Oct. 4, 2020
Time: 8:30 am registration, 9:30 am riders' meeting, departure following riders' meeting, until approximately 1:30-2 pm
Location: from the base of Calabogie Peaks Resort (by special permission)
Cost: Free for BMA members and only open to BMA members this year
Summary: This guided ride is in memory of Steve Garnsey, a BMA member and contributor to the BMA and trail development in the Calabogie area.
With special thanks to the Calabogie Peaks Resort, we will once again stage from the base of the ski hill and enjoy the sweet sounds, smells and vistas of Calabogie's north-side trails. This will be a guided ride, open to BMA members only at no additional cost. Groups will be organized during the morning orientation for all skill levels.
To ensure the safety of all riders and volunteers, the total number of attendees for this event are limited to 70 total including riders and volunteers. A bag lunch will be provided.
You must (no exceptions) register, complete the necessary online waiver and submit it in advance of the ride. Your temperature will be checked on arrival and you will be required to practice physical distancing in the staging area and on the trails. If you are not properly registered, have an elevated temperature or fail to practice physical distancing, you will be asked to leave.
So come on out an experience the beauty of the Calabogie North! The leaves will be turning and the temperatures will be perfect for riding. Many of the north-side trails are challenging. So choose your skill level at orientation wisely. If you are not familiar with the area, this is a great chance to become acquainted. It is advisable to choose a group level where you will be entirely comfortable. Despite COVID-19, we can do this together!
For more information or to register for the Steve Garnsey Fall Ride, go to this link. Don't wait as we fully expect this event to max out very quickly.
The Ride Plan: Three riding groups
- Sign up as a participant or volunteer on the form below the map
- Fill out the release form here. This form needs to be filled out by October 1st at midnight, so we can confirm your attendance. Note that we will not be handing out or accepting paper waivers at the event.
- On your first ride at Calabogie, select a skill level one level lower than you think you are capable of.
- Ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars.
- Bring your GPS if you would like to map your route (note we have special one time departure permission from Calabogie Peaks Resort).
View Larger Map and get directions