Beta Canada and Woody's Cycles proudly supporting
the annual STEVE GARNSEY Fall Ride
Date: Oct. 4
Time: 8:30 am registration, 9:30 am riders' meeting, departure following riders' meeting, until approximately 1:30-2 pm
Location: from the base of Calabogie Peaks Resort (by special permission)
Cost: No charge for BMA members, $20 for non-BMA members.
Summary: This guided ride is in memory of Steve Garnsey, a BMA member and contributor to the BMA and trail development in the Calabogie area.
Come out to this perennial club favourite - the weather has cooled - you are in great riding condition, all the big events are behind us, now just ride for the fun of it. It is always a sunny day you know... And our north side volunteers have worked all summer preparing trails just for you!
The ride is suitable for advanced novices to experts, not suitable for children or beginning riders. Small wheeled motorcycles will have difficulty. Riders under 16 years of age need to be strong riders.
Riders will self-select into groups of varying skill levels, usually "easier-riding", intermediate, and experts. An experienced rider will lead and sweep with each group. Most trails will be single track, although dirt road and atv tracks may be used as connectors. Calabogie can be a challenging ride area.
The Ride Plan: Three riding groups
- Sign up as a participant or volunteer on the form below the map
- Download your release form here, bring it filled in to speed up on-site registration.
- On your first ride at Calabogie, select a skill level one level lower than you think you are capable of.
- Ensure your bike is in top condition, running 15 lbs. air pressure.
- Bring plenty of hydration and trail snacks such as energy bars.
- Bring your GPS if you would like to map your route (note we have special one time departure permission from Calabogie Peaks Resort).
View Larger Map and get directions